Competition On The Online Market
Expanding your business onto the internet is a great way to bring in new customers. Unfortunately, online markets have fierce competition for any product or service you could possibly imagine. Getting your website ahead of other companies on a search engine list can almost instantly grant you record profits, if you are willing to fight for it.
Many businesses have discovered the benefits of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get an edge on the competition and climb Google’s search result ladder. It has been proven that the higher your company is on this ladder, the larger corner of your particular market you will enjoy. SEO can provide that profit security in a way that no other form of advertising can.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
SEO has become an intricate art form in online marketing, and it is earning an ever-more impressive track record to returning real, tangible benefits to any company that invests in it – such as:
- Increased Traffic – SEO has a proven history of increasing the number of potential customers that visit your site. A professional SEO program can help ensure that you are reaching the widest online customer base possible.
- Credibility – Google is a highly trusted source for customers seeking products and services for good reason. Google raises the bar constantly to weed out scams and unscrupulous business practices. The higher you rank on Google, the more comfortable people feel when clicking on your link.
- Investment Return – While poorly done SEO work does not guarantee you will see much (if any) return on your investment, professional search engine optimizers can bring real results very quickly – this can go so far as doubling or tripling your investment in sales in only a few, short weeks.
- Visibility – No matter what products or services your business offers, you will have competition on the internet. SEO can benefit your company greatly by putting your company, quite literally, a step above the rest on the list of similar companies.
- Permanency – For a very long time the only way to stay ahead in marketing was to pay for advertisements monthly. But the benefits of SEO last long term. And while it may require a little maintenance to stay #1 on the search engine list, even one round of SEO work will continue to benefit your company for years.
- Relatively Low Cost – Many other online marketing techniques require you to pay for every advertisement, or even pay for every person that clicks on your link. But a professional SEO program can create dozens or even hundreds of free advertisement sources that won’t disappear, even if you stop paying for them.[/custom_list]
All of this sounds a little too good to be true, right? The fact of the matter is that SEO has, time and time again, proven itself to be a massively effective, economically priced way to create leads to your website, boost sales, and generate a great return on your investment.
Taking Full Advantage Of SEO’s Benefits
Before you ask if you can do your own SEO work, keep in mind that anyone can draw a happy face, but it took Da Vinci to paint the Mona Lisa. Likewise, SEO is a process that can be done by anyone, but requires education, specialized skills, and no small amount of talent to reach its full potential.
Luckily, one of the key selling points of SEO is its cost-effectiveness – especially when hiring a professional to do it for your company. Better SEO equals better sales, and a professional SEO service can pay for itself with obvious results very quickly.
For more information on how SEO can benefit you, contact Robolizard today.
Google’s Marketing Upheaval
When Google recently changed the way they rank business websites in their list of results it caused mass mayhem in the marketing world. Companies raced to find out why they had fallen into obscurity when someone searched for similar businesses. Confusion followed as people began to realize that doing their own SEO work was no longer something that could be done in their own offices.
Today, the top ranked business websites on Google are from companies that learned quickly that paying for SEO was well worth the expense, and they are enjoying profits well above their competition in the online market.
What You Can Expect With Professional SEO
Imagine for a moment that your company sells custom titanium jewelry. If a potential customer types into Google’s search engine “what is titanium jewelry,” your company website is sure to come up… eventually. Even if you have a great, professionally designed site, you may well come up as the 300th link on the search results list without SEO.
If you’re wondering what that means for your business, search engine traffic breaks down like this:
- First business link = 50% of total traffic.
- Second business link = 25% of traffic.
- Third business link = about 12% of total traffic.
The list goes on and follows a pattern that leads exponentially closer to the 0% mark. So obviously, every company dreams of having that first link on a search engine’s result page to bring in the most potential customers.
The reason that professionally trained SEO specialists are worth paying for is that they know the proven methods to get your website a higher ranking. After paying for SEO work, your custom titanium jewelry company could well enjoy the coveted #1 spot on Google.
The True Value Of Paid SEO Work
You may have heard that paying for SEO is a risky investment that does not necessarily guarantee that you will see an increase of sales. The truth of the matter is, the online market follows very predictable patterns, and as long as your business comes up on the first page of search results you will get an increase in traffic.
A good SEO company will fight tooth-and-nail to make sure that their clients enjoy the most elite position on a search engine list. And a good SEO company is easy to find – just look at their track record. If they have several companies that are now sitting pretty on the first page, they did the job well for them.
[message type=”success”]A professional and concerned optimizer will ensure that every customer not only earns back every penny of their investment, but doubles or even triples it.[/message]
If you’d like to know more about professional and proven SEO work, contact Robolizard today.
What SEO Really Is
SEO necessarily an advertising service in-and-of itself. SEO is short for search engine optimization, which basically means the work of optimizing a website in order for it to look better in the “eyes” of search engines which in turn is rewarded with a higher position. The fact of the matter is, very few people who search Google, Yahoo, or Bing look as far as the second page of results when they search a keyword, or even to the end of the first page.
Business websites that have any real, measurable traffic from search engine users are in constant competition to be the first three or four links of a search results page. Search engine users demand convenience, and if your website doesn’t appear immediately, they don’t bother to keep looking. Instead, they just write a new set of keywords in the box and start from scratch, which is why SEO is important.
How SEO Works
SEO has two main components, on-site SEO and off-site SEO. Google and other search engines rank a site based on these two factors. The higher a website’s ranking is among other, similar pages determines how high it appears on the list of search results.
On-site SEO works by optimizing your website to meet the ever-changing criteria for search engine rankings. The elements of onsite SEO are:
- Behind the scenes – Several, behind-the-scenes, changes are typically made to help search engines better understand your website and make it easier for search engines to read your site such as a sitemap and robot.txt file.
- Page titles that are relevant to its page content, informative and include targeted search terms while sounding fluid and helpful.
- Meta tag descriptions are used by search engines to display on search engines listings for the purpose of describing the content of the page that’s being listed. The description should also be informative, include key terms, and clearly communicate what the page is about.
- All content on the website must be original, well-written, and most importantly, valuable. Customers are not necessarily interested in being told you are the best, they want your information to be informative, organic, and genuinely helpful. Search engines expect nothing less.
These are just the basics of what makes on-site SEO work. Real SEO takes a lot of time, effort, and skill to make it work properly for your website because it such an involved and complex system.
How Off-Site SEO Works
Since its founding, Google has mainly concerned itself with how often a website is referenced by other websites to determine its relevance or popularity. Other search engines caught on to this process and adapted it to their own specifications, making it the go-to model for ranking a website worldwide.
The process has changed a bit over the years, but off-site SEO still works almost entirely by generating links to your site (backlinking) from other websites. The types of links SEO uses are:
- Inbound Links – These are links that other websites that have a good ranking with Google provides for your website. The more inbound links, or backlinks, you have from other credible pages, the higher Google and other search engines will rank your own site.
- Exchanged Links – Exchanged links are a common practice to create viable inbound links. In this way, a webmaster will effectively put up a link to another site in exchange for the same courtesy. While these two-way links still provide a boost to you website’s overall ranking, they aren’t quite as meaningful to search engines as a one-way inbound link.
- Deep Links – So-called “deep links” are inbound links that bring a user directly to the inner content of your website, as opposed to the homepage. Deep links are widely considered the most important aspect of SEO because it proves that your inner content is providing good, relevant information based on the fact that other websites are willing to cite your material.
Making SEO Work For Your Website
In order to make full use of SEO for your own site, you have to be able to employ both on-site SEO and off-site SEO. Doing that takes a lot of time, effort, and a specialized set of skills that some people take years to learn. As search engines continue to fine-tune their ranking process it is becoming more and more difficult for SEO work to be done by businesses and webmasters.
It is now a common practice to outsource SEO work to a professional service. In this way, a company can take full advantage of the benefits that SEO can offer. Getting to the top of a search result’s list is not an easy task, but professionals have access to techniques that are proven to work best.
To learn more about how a professional SEO service can help you reach the top, contact Robolizard.
The Search Engine Marketing Revolution
For many years, getting your website to the top of Google’s list of results was as easy as hiding hundreds of repeated keywords in a webpage’s code – a technique that worked well for a very long time. However, Google and other search engines have re-coded their algorithms to find and weed out these practices. They are also continuing to improve and change their algorithms, on a regular basis, to ensure only quality listings are being shown.
Getting the top link on Google now requires the complex and intricate art of providing website content that is well-written, relevant, and genuinely helpful to potential customers. This art is called search engine optimization, or SEO – and it is the key to reaching the modern, electronic customer base.
Why SEO Is So Important In The Modern Business World
The internet is regularly used by millions of Americans, and statistics show that more than half of them shop online for products and services. What’s more, Google has nearly replaced the traditional Yellow Pages as a way to find businesses in a potential customer’s local area. Nowadays, if you want to be found, at least some of your marketing strategy must focus on the internet.
But that’s not all there is to it. Showing up on Google is great, but if you’re not ranking on top you could be losing out on a significantly amount of traffic and may never even get seen:
- The first link on Google gets about 50% of the online consumer traffic.
- The second link gets about 25% of the clicks.
- The third link generally gets about 12%.
- The fourth link is lucky to get 6%.
See the pattern? By the bottom of the first page of results, the last link can expect to reach less than 1% of people searching for similar businesses. On the second or third page, so far as Google browsers are concerned, your website doesn’t even exist.
How To Employ SEO For Your Business
As mentioned before, SEO work is an art form that requires education, skill, and raw talent to implement successfully. For this reason, businesses that try to save money by doing it themselves usually fail in the endeavor and turn to a specialized SEO company.
SEO has proven time and time again that it can boost sales and get your business noticed by online consumers, but trying to do it without the proper skills winds-up accomplishing nothing more than wasting time and money. For the best results, it is always best to hire experts who know the intricacies of SEO and have experience (as well as a good track record) for helping businesses with their work.
Contact Robolizard today for more information.
The Growing Popularity Of Internet Marketing
Companies and businesses that have started to employ internet marketing with their traditional marketing campaigns learned quickly that it could boost sales and reach a world-wide customer base in a way that no billboard or television commercial ever could. But other than those obvious benefits of internet marketing, companies are beginning to understand that internet marketing grants them a power much more advantageous than higher numbers in their bank account – it gives them happier customers.
This fact, coupled of course with the fact that internet marketing is less expensive and more effective than most traditional marketing models, has given rise to a whole new level of advertising.
How Internet Marketing Creates Happier Customers
A happy customer is the biggest boon to your business. It has often been said that there is no better form of advertising than a single, satisfied customer – and it’s true because happy clients spread word of mouth, which is the most effective marketing technique of all.
Internet marketing includes many great opportunities to build your customer relationships, including:
- Creating and managing your own blog can help you to field customer concerns and questions instantly. Keeping up on your return comments to customers will create personal relationships that will last a lifetime and ultimately lead to their friends and neighbors becoming new clients.
- Your blog also is a great source to give your customers updates on products and services. Making them the first to know will help to reinforce your relationship with them.
- Commenting on blogs that aren’t even your own can bring in a lot of new customers to your site, especially if they see that you are more active with your customers than the competition.
- Social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and even YouTube can bring your customers into your inner circle – more and more common in today’s market, people want to feel as if they are included on a personal, social level, and social media can provide that.
- Showcasing your expertise and knowledge of your own business with article marketing and SEO can boost your credibility and show your company in a safe, trustworthy light.
- Email marketing, such as weekly newsletters, gives you the ability to keep your customers up-to-date on your products and services, and serves to help inform and educate them. An added benefit is that regular newsletters help your customers to always keep you in mind.[/custom_list]
Of course, internet market has even more to offer a business than record profits and happy clients – but at the end of the day, your clientele are the lifeblood of your company.
How To Employ Internet Marketing Strategies
There are companies available to help promote your site, and they can all offer you the standard services at competitive rates. However, as with your own company, the main thing you want to look into when selecting internet marketing services to help your business are… happy customers.
That’s right. There really is no better indicator that an internet marketing company will treat you right than the testimonials of customers that aren’t only satisfied, but genuinely happy with their results when it comes to profit, exposure, service, and of course, happy customers.
Let Robolizard show you how you can gain a whole new generation of happy customers. Contact us today.
The Business Face Of Blogging
Internet marketing is fast becoming a required medium for businesses and companies to stay truly competitive in today’s world. Many consumers are now computer and internet savvy, and more are turning to online company information and sales every day.
A company website is a must for this day and age – but a business blog is just as important because it allows you to connect your customers on a more personal basis. Luckily, blogging platforms such as Tumblr and Blogger have made keeping a blog for your business easier and more effective than ever before.
The Advantages of Business Blogs
Reaping the full benefits of business blogs depends on how well you keep it up. But if you can ensure that your blog is entertaining, informative, and up-to-date, the advantages include:
- Customer Socializing – A blog is a very good environment for you to communicate with your customers, and vice versa, in a more casual, lower pressure environment.
- Easy Multimedia – Most blogging sites make it very easy for you to upload new content such as videos and photos without the need to be educated in internet programming languages like HTML.
- Quick Communications – A blog is the best way to keep your customers updated about new products and services, and updates can be made instantly.
- Visibility – Having a well maintained blog can help to increase your hits on a search engine like Google or Bing, leading more potential customers to your products or services.[/custom_list]
Many companies maintain a blog by themselves – still others choose to hire professionals to ensure that they are getting the best possible payout for their investment in a business blog. The choice in this matter is solely up to you.
Professional Business Blog Promotion
In order to draw better attention to your blog, and to make sure you are really getting your money’s worth, you will need to properly promote your blog. Having a blog is much like having a website – if people don’t see it, it might as well not even be there.
Blog promoters can help to create leads and generate sales by specifically targeting search engine results in your local area or field of expertise. Another bonus is that many companies that promote blogs can also write, design, and maintain them to ensure the best communication between you and your customers.
Contact Robolizard today to learn more.
The Death Of Spamdexing
The most trusted search engine available, Google, has launched an ever-escalating crusade to remove scams and spams from its lists of search engine results. Old tricks like overusing keywords, using invisible or hidden text, and article spinning no longer work because Google has gone to such great lengths to remove any sites that use these so-called “black-hat” SEO tactics.
But, all the cheating aside, the fact is that SEO not only still works, it actually works better now. Optimizing a website now requires hard work and no small amount of diligence to be effective – but any company or business that employs good, well-written content can reap greater benefits over other companies that still attempt spamdexing techniques.
Real SEO That Still Works
Google is very much on top of eliminating the dark side of SEO. The only SEO work that is still effective requires:
- Good Content – SEO articles and pages must be well-written, employ keywords in a natural, organic way, and maintain relevance to the subject at hand.
- Research – Google checks and rechecks facts. Any pages that offer false information will eventually be scrubbed out.
- Usefulness – An SEO article must be able to offer good, in-depth information that is genuinely helpful to the reader.
- Originality – Google has adapted a zero-tolerance policy for plagiary, and any un-original content will cause your rankings to dive into the zero-range.
- Time – The entire process of writing a good, solid, beneficial SEO article can literally take hours, and any shortcuts will not go unnoticed by Google.
Creating SEO content that still works is somewhat labor-intensive and time consuming – but the fact that fewer companies are taking the time to do it right means that any business that does can gain an almost instant boost in web traffic and online sales.
Find An Artist Of SEO Work
Search Engine Optimization has become a real, full time job that requires a specialized skill-set and real, hard work. This means that if you want to take full advantage of SEO you need to find a specialist that gets you real results without using the underhanded tricks-of-the-trade that Google has come to despise and reject.
[message type=”success”]Any SEO service worth its pay will not only get you noticeable results in the first month or two, but bring in a return that more than doubles your investment.[/message]
For more information of SEO that still works, contact Robolizard.
Marketing Your Business On The Internet
Your business likely has billboards, newspaper ads, flyers, and maybe even radio or television commercials. But if you aren’t taking advantage of marketing yourself on the internet, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to help your company take on new clients or customers and increase your ROI (Return On Investment).
The internet market is a vast and still growing marketing medium that has been proven time and again to not only be as beneficial to your company as traditional marketing, but even more so.
Internet Marketing Vs. Traditional Advertising
There are many benefits of internet marketing that traditional advertising cannot offer. Some of these include:
- Internet advertisements can reach across the entire nation, or even the world. Traditional advertising usually focuses on a more local level.
- Internet marketing strategies can be changed at a moment’s notice, unlike traditional advertising which can takes weeks to introduce changes.
- Internet marketing allows you to get updates on how your advertising campaign is going in real time and make adjustments as you see fit without the need to wait for monthly reports as with traditional advertising.
- Organic search engine optimization, one of the many facets of internet marketing, is a long-term investment that continues to benefit your company for years, unlike any traditional marketing strategies that instantly vanish when you stop paying for the service.
- Internet marketing also gives you the ability to engage your customers on a more personal level and get solid, instant feedback on your company’s services and products. Traditional marketing can offer no such thing.
- But perhaps the greatest benefit of internet marketing is the cost. Internet marketing is considered to be one of the most cost-effective marketing techniques available, especially since it is usually much more effective than traditional marketing and delivers a better ROI.
Another benefit of internet marketing is that you don’t have to choose between it and traditional marketing. Many companies have become quite adept at taking full advantage of both to maximize their exposure and drive up their sales.
Effectively Employing Internet Marketing
Like with traditional marketing, most of the aspects of internet marketing simply cannot be done in-house – many companies have tried and failed. Internet marketing requires a certain expertise that many spend years acquiring, and hiring them is a long-term investment that can usually guarantee a massive return.
To learn more about the benefits of internet marketing, contact Robolizard today.
Also Related: What Is An Internet Marketer?
Also Related: Why SEO Is Important.
SEO vs. SEM Advertising
Many people confuse SEO (search engine optimization) with SEM (search engine marketing) because they are two very different sides of the same coin. Both SEO and SEM are designed to increase traffic to your site. The idea behind both strategies is that an increase in online traffic will increase the number of sales on your site. Both of these methods have shown results in increasing online sales, but they work in incredibly different ways.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO works to increase your ranking on Google or other search engines through website optimization and backlinking. Having a higher ranking will get you more traffic to your site. The first link on a Google search gets the majority of hits; the second link gets around half as many, and so on.
Website optimization involves the following:
- Page Title & Description Creation
- Sitemap Creation
- Robo.txt Creation
- 301 Redirects
- Setting Up Google Webmaster Tools
- Content & Article Writing
The biggest drawback of SEO is that it can take a long time to see results. In most cases, it can take up to 6 months to gain significant ranking increases. At the same time, though, the efforts of SEO will last for quite awhile while bringing in traffic at no additional costs.
Search Engine Marketing
Like SEO, SEM seeks to gain traffic from search engines, but through very different means. SEM uses tools such as Google AdWords, and Pay-Per-Click Advertising to create traffic for your site.
Google AdWords is a powerful platform designed by Google to display your ad when certain keywords are searched on Google and their partners.
Most SEM platforms, such as Google AdWords, are relatively easy to setup on a basic level and are generally charged on a pay-per-click basis. SEM allows you to show up on the first page of searches for your targeted keywords within hours vs several months. You are also able to easily manage your marketing budget, determining how much you want to spend on a monthly basis. The budget doesn’t necessarily impact your position as this is determined by per-click bids and relevance which means you could advertise your website even with a limited budget.
The drawback of search engine marketing is that, unlike organic search results obtained through SEO, you must pay for each click to your site and continue to pay as long as you keep your campaign running. Also, given the high level of competition, it is important to create a quality campaign with tightly themed ad groups, high converting ads, and proper setup.
So, in the argument between SEO and SEM, which is better?
Statistically, it is actually beneficial to utilize both SEO and SEM when marketing your business. When a user searches a term on a search engine and sees your company at the top of the paid listings as well as the organic results, they are 28% more likely to convert versus only seeing your listing in one or the other.
If it comes down to choosing one or the other, you should determine how quickly you want to start increasing your traffic and sales. SEM will grant instant gratification while SEO will take several months. Many companies will actually start using both at first; SEM to provide traffic while they wait for their SEO results, and later stop the paid advertising in favor of the free organic traffic as a result of their SEO efforts.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us!
Internet Marketing Is Not As Easy As It Sounds
The internet is a great market for any business but getting started can be difficult. It all comes down to properly marketing your business online. Internet marketing sounds simple enough that many people attempt to do it themselves, but honestly it takes a wide variety of skills that most people do not possess. Internet marketing has a proven positive effect on a company’s sales, but is it worth paying for?
Trying To Do It Yourself
Attempting to do internet marketing alone is a risky gamble. Here are a few examples as to why do-it-yourself internet marketing usually fails.
Not setting aside enough time and money
The internet is a growing organism that changes daily. You must keep up to date with current online trends or risk losing business. Customers you had today are literally a click away from shopping somewhere else.
For a growing business, 90% of the time away from customers must be spent marketing. At least 60% of the total marketing should focus on the internet.
You must also hire new staff to handle marketing issues. You must budget this new staff too:
- Do in-house graphic design.
- Research, maintain, create, and monitor all marketing campaigns for effectiveness.
- Create online videos for your company.
- Use social media sites to generate leads.
- Write blogs or press releases, and submit them to the correct websites.
- Analyze website stats and optimize web content for searches.
These are not one time fees, but an ongoing process. Once you create an internet marketing staff it may shrink after the business grows, but it will never fully disappear from your budget.
Lack of training
Companies who think they can do it themselves without hiring staff often do not realize the amount of skill it takes to properly market online. A couple posts to a Facebook or Twitter page simply isn’t good enough. You must have technical skills that many people pursue college degrees to learn.
- Website design – Many programs are available to create websites, but these often look generic or bland. If your website is too bland or if it has a bad flow people will not trust or even take time to fully view the content.
- Professional writing skills – All of your articles for products or advertisements have to be well written. They need good, relevant information presented in an easy to follow format. A good article can take more than 30 minutes to research and an hour to write.
- Computer programming skills – HTML, Java, C#, C++, SQL, and a variety of others require very precise training which many people do not have.
- Full marketing – Knowledge of how to set up Pay-Per-Click Campaigns, Media bus, and Search engine optimization.
Learning these skills can take many years. If you are going to do it yourself you will either have to study all of these skills and more, or hire new staff.
Limited point-of-view or bias toward your product
It takes a long time to generate fresh marketing ideas, especially when dealing with your own product. Many people automatically assume that others know about what makes their product the best. This type of bias limits the effect of internet marketing.
To have an effective marketing campaign you must look at it from multiple perspectives. To accomplish this many companies have to look towards outside groups, even if only on a consulting basis. This is just one more cost of doing it yourself.
Hiring Someone To Do It
In most companies’ experience it is actually cheaper and more effective to pay for an outside group to do their internet marketing. It has been said that telling an internet marketing specialist you can do it yourself is equivalent to telling a dentist you can pull your own teeth.