How To Get An Australian Domain Name?
You need an Australian Business Number before you can get the domain name, because in order to register an Australian domain, you have to provide a valid (ABN) during registration. If you do not have this number, you will get denied.
Where To Get An Australian Domain Name?
If you already have a registered business and an Australian Business Name, you can register the domain here
Where to get an ABN?
What do you need to provide in order to get the ABN?
A Virtual (Physical) Business Address, your app may get disapproved if you do not have a physical address in Australia.
Get a virtual business address for about $70/mo real quick. Call +1-972 865 4600 or go here: Regus Virtual Business Addresses
All applicants will be asked for:
- Entity type – for example, individual/sole trader, company, super fund
- Previous Australian business number (ABN) (If you have one, if not, it’s okay)
- Name & birthdate of owner
- Tax agent number (TAN) – if you are using one (if not, this might be okay but they may ask for more information)
- Legal name of the entity
- Tax file number (TFN) – providing a TFN is not mandatory, but will help us identify who you are and speed up the application process
- All business locations – physical and postal addresses
- Authorised contact details
- Main business activity
- A legitimate business plan
One you have all that nice and neat, Apply For An ABN here.
How Long Does The ABN Take To Get Approved?
You pick the day you want to start operating. It can take from 1 day to 3 weeks as far as I have seen to get a response.