How To Remove Yourself From Search Engines
Maybe you have a crazy ex, or some lunatic stalker, or have some other legit reason for needing to hide online.
Did you know that Google can and usually does record your history even in incognito mode?
And your location history is being tracked almost every 2 minutes by your phone company, apps on your phone, Google, car insurance apps… apps on your phone have your contact list and numbers you call, texts, can turn on your phone camera and microphone at any time remotely!
Everything you delete is not actually deleted, even if you knew how to delete the backup files stored deep in that phone, there are still micro backup files stored on the phone server and information even stored in the battery itself.
Here Is A List Of Sites You Need To Visit
That’s pretty scary… especially if you have something to hide. I personally don’t give a d*mn because I don’t care what people think of me, and I am just plain honest.
An ex girlfriend with a sever jealousy problem taught me almost everything I know, and an ex employee with a vengeance for being fired, taught me the rest.
- Unlisting From Newsletters
- The ULTIMATE Self Removal Website
- Removing Yourself From Sites That Hold Your Information
Google – The Big One
And see who is connecting to your accounts, which devices and apps and who you are sharing everything with. You might be amazed at what you see.
You account might be still attached to a phone you sold to someone else, or a laptop you gave to a friend. Ex girlfriends and boyfriends still attached to your photos and photos you didn’t even know were being uploaded to a server online the second you took them, and it might be public!
How To Find Out Who Owns A Company
My name is Thomas, I do internet research for a living, some of my tactics to discover information are better than a private investigator, and faster. Below are the free & easy ways for normal people to find out who owns a company and figure out if someone is legit. I am regularly disgusted with the amount of BS on the internet, and people giving each other bad advice every step of the way.
I hope this information helps you.
- To look up and see who owns a company: http://corporatedir.com/us/
- To look up their domain name ownership: http://www.who.godaddy.com (the owner is the ‘admin’ contact, make sure you own your own domain!)
- Type in their domain name into Google with the word ‘reviews’.
- Search http://www.Linkedin.com for their business name and name of the owner, when you find it.
- Search these two sites: http://www.spokeo.com and http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com (for $30 you can get a complete background history)
Trying to hide yourself for legit reasons? Like a stalker or psycho obsessed ex? This is the best service on the internet to get yourself removed from people searches: https://www.abine.com/deleteme/landing.php | Or read this article on How To Remove Yourself Online.
Words Of Advice In Trust & Relationships
If people are hiding, there is good reason, refer to my 3 rules of doubt below:
- “When in doubt, find out.”
- “When in doubt, don’t.”
- “When in doubt, there is no doubt.”
If a company or person feels the need to hide themselves by making their domain ‘private’, their name ‘private’ or not listing a phone number on their website, just don’t trust it. When there is doubt, there is no doubt, don’t! Check references, look people up, verify that sh*t. We will in a world of identity theft and online theft, I have had it happen TWICE. Back yourself up, it’s okay to verify someone is what they say they are.
Need Help Finding Someone? Busting A Cheater? Finding Out The Legitimacy Of A Company?
Contact me, email@example.com, keep it short and to the point, and I might be able to help for far less money than a private detective.
SEO Software & Web Tools Ultimate List
This is the complete and best-to-my-knowledge SEO software & tools list I have put together all in one place. It’s all the tools I use to rank, track and analyze.
Favorite Tools & Sites
- Backlink Checker: http://www.majesticseo.com
- SEO Client Manager: http://www.seoprofiler.com/x/try-seoprofiler#p=extreme-seo-tool
- Graphic & Web Templates: http://www.themeforest.net
- Knowem Social name Checker – http://www.knowem.com
PPC & SEO Free Tools
- Online Bulk Text Case Converter – http://caseconverter.com/
- Google Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/
- SEO Meta Character Counter – http://www.onearmedseo.com/seo-tools/character-counter.php
- WhoIS Domain Search – http://www.domaintools.com/research/whois-history/
- Domain Availability Search – http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchbulk.aspx
- Domain Appraisals – http://www.valuate.com
- Google Keyword Tool – http://www.googlekeywordtool.com
- PPC Competitor Spying – http://www.keywordspy.com/?aid=askhowie
- Schema SEO Code – http://www.schema.org/
- Backlink Checker – http://www.majesticseo.com
- Backlink Checker – http://ahrefs.com/
- Customer Address Mapping Tool – http://batchgeo.com/
- WordPress SEO Plugin – http://www.yoast.com
- Build My Rank – http://www.buildmyrank.com
- Press Releases – http://www.prweb.com
- Captcha Solver – http://www.deathbycaptcha.com
- Duplicate Content Checker – http://www.dupecop.com
- Market Finder – http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/index.html?locale=en
- Website Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/translate_tools?hl=www.google.com
- Backlink Analyzer – http://www.ahrefs.com
- Linkback Analyzer – http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/
- Scraper Tool – http://www.seoquake.com/
- Finding News Topics – http://www.topsy.com
- Finding News Topics – http://www.google.com/trends
Website Ranking Analyzers
- http://www.woorank.com/ – Best SEO Analyzer (other than SEO profiler)
- http://getlisted.org/ -Popular Business Directory Checker
- http://howtogomo.com Awesome test for mobile functionality
- http://marketing.grader.com – Social Media Grader
Random Other Stuff
- Fiverr – People who do things for $5 – http://fiverr.com
- Recording Video/Screens Software – http://silverbackapp.com/
- Social Apps – http://northsocial.com/apps/deal-share/
Why People Judge & How To Manage Your Reputation
In February of 2014, I was in a client’s office trying to get him to do more work with me when he said “How can I rely on you when all you do is party?”, I immediately lost my cool, yelled at him and was about to storm out offended, something I rarely ever do. Why did his words get to me so much?
I told him I was offended at that statement and whatever he heard was way off base, all I did was work, I had lost contact with most of my friends and family due to working all day every day for about a year and a half.
I took a minute to calm down and calmly asked him “What makes you think all I do is party?”, and he replied “I see your facebook posts, all you do is sit around by the pool and go to the bar.”
I’d Been Practicing Poor Reputation Management SKills
Bingo, I suddenly realized I had been practicing terrible reputation management by having this client on my friends list on Facebook. No one gets to see me at my desk 90 hours a week because it’s just not fun to talk about or take pictures of, there is nothing exciting about sitting at a computer for 15 hours a day, weekends included, so the fact that I even do that, is unknown to people.
On Friday nights or for lunch on occasion, I would go to the bar to relieve some stress on the punching bag machine and say hello to the only friends I had ‘the people who sing Kareoke’ with me on occasion on the weekends.
The only thing he knew about me was what he saw as Facebook posts, me by the pool for lunch or for that 3 hour moment of glory on Friday or saturday nights when I sing and hit the bag in the back of the bar.
People Only Know What They See & Hear About You
I realized everyone probably saw me as this partier and it was the complete opposite of who I am, I worked all day from the office or from home, I gave everything to my employees as far as pay and comfort but I never told anyone, and one time I had to take out a loan to pay my employees, making myself late on my own rent and bills.
Keep Everyone In The Loop
I never told anyone about it and later came to know that the employees were pissed that their checks were late, think that combined with my Facebook posts and comments about my short weekend glory stories made me a partying slouch who never did anything else.
People were judging me based on what they saw and heard about me, not about who I really was. And it wasn’t just this client, it was almost everyone and no one told me, I had to find out for myself.
Promote The Real You
It was time I started promoting the real me, the guy who spends 15 hours a day every day working hard to deliver good service at an affordable price to people because he loves to help others, and make sure that anything said or done in the public eye reflects my whole self, and not just some little piece of it.
If people got to see the whole me, and still find reason to judge me, then I say let them.
Which leads me to write this, an article on how to manage your reputation.