SEO Software & Web Tools Ultimate List
This is the complete and best-to-my-knowledge SEO software & tools list I have put together all in one place. It’s all the tools I use to rank, track and analyze.
Favorite Tools & Sites
- Backlink Checker: http://www.majesticseo.com
- SEO Client Manager: http://www.seoprofiler.com/x/try-seoprofiler#p=extreme-seo-tool
- Graphic & Web Templates: http://www.themeforest.net
- Knowem Social name Checker – http://www.knowem.com
PPC & SEO Free Tools
- Online Bulk Text Case Converter – http://caseconverter.com/
- Google Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/
- SEO Meta Character Counter – http://www.onearmedseo.com/seo-tools/character-counter.php
- WhoIS Domain Search – http://www.domaintools.com/research/whois-history/
- Domain Availability Search – http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchbulk.aspx
- Domain Appraisals – http://www.valuate.com
- Google Keyword Tool – http://www.googlekeywordtool.com
- PPC Competitor Spying – http://www.keywordspy.com/?aid=askhowie
- Schema SEO Code – http://www.schema.org/
- Backlink Checker – http://www.majesticseo.com
- Backlink Checker – http://ahrefs.com/
- Customer Address Mapping Tool – http://batchgeo.com/
- WordPress SEO Plugin – http://www.yoast.com
- Build My Rank – http://www.buildmyrank.com
- Press Releases – http://www.prweb.com
- Captcha Solver – http://www.deathbycaptcha.com
- Duplicate Content Checker – http://www.dupecop.com
- Market Finder – http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/index.html?locale=en
- Website Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/translate_tools?hl=www.google.com
- Backlink Analyzer – http://www.ahrefs.com
- Linkback Analyzer – http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/
- Scraper Tool – http://www.seoquake.com/
- Finding News Topics – http://www.topsy.com
- Finding News Topics – http://www.google.com/trends
Website Ranking Analyzers
- http://www.woorank.com/ – Best SEO Analyzer (other than SEO profiler)
- http://getlisted.org/ -Popular Business Directory Checker
- http://howtogomo.com Awesome test for mobile functionality
- http://marketing.grader.com – Social Media Grader
Random Other Stuff
- Fiverr – People who do things for $5 – http://fiverr.com
- Recording Video/Screens Software – http://silverbackapp.com/
- Social Apps – http://northsocial.com/apps/deal-share/
Becoming a Google Engage All Star Partner
What is the Google Partner program?
Google All Star Partners is a program Google put together as a community website for high qualified, established and proven Adwords companies to come together to support each other in delivering quality results for our customers.
Their main goal is to help us get new customers for Adwords but most importantly to deliver interesting, educational and inspirational content, service & products to the world.
How Do I Become a Member?
You must have these qualifications…
1. Your My Client Center (MCC) account number must be attached to the Engage Account using the same email address for both the MCC and Engage and entering your MCC account number at http://www.google.com/partners/
2. You must be Adwords Certified, by passing two of the 3 exams
- Advertising Fundamentals – Easy (3 hours, timed, no open windows allowed)
- Advanced Search – Easy (2 hours, timed, no open windows allowed)
- Advanced Display – Medium
- Video Advertising – Medium
• The exams are located in your new http://www.google.com/partners/ account
3. You must have spent at least $10,000 from the combined total of all your client accounts in Adwords MCC over the past 90 days
Need more help? Ask me on linkedin or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can Internet Marketing Bring In Customers?
Marketing in the real world has proven beneficial for businesses, but can internet marketing have the same benefits? When spending money on any type of marketing you have to be sure of one thing and one thing only – does it bring in more customers? The more costumers you have, the more potential you have for sales. This is the basis for all marketing, real world or online. So the question is this; does online marketing work to bring in more customers?
Internet marketing, just like real world marketing, is determined by the business. Different businesses must have different strategies for bringing in customers. Internet marketing on the whole has been proven to be effective, but that does not mean your marketing strategy will be.
Internet marketing differs from real world marketing in that the response can be measured instantly in real- time, meaning that you can instantly tell if a marketing strategy is working or not. Being in an online environment can easily remove a strategy that is ineffective.
To measure how effective internet marketing is, you must know three things:
- Amount of Created Traffic
Create a standard minimum number of clicks to be reached for all ads within the first couple of days. If an ad is not clicked this number of times it may need to be replaced. If none of your ads reach this number of clicks your goal may be set too high.
- Amount of Created Leads
A lead is a potential sales contact; individuals or organizations that show interest in your products. The amount of created leads is how many people wanted more information.
The people who go from your advertisements to clicking on other areas of the site, or request more information are your leads. If people are not looking for more information after they click an ad, then that ad was not successful in creating a lead and needs to be replaced.
- Conversion Rates
How many people click before a sale is made? Conversion rates are the ultimate goal of all internet marketing because if people aren’t buying, the ads are useless. Measure the total number of online visitors who clicked on the ads and how many purchases they made. A good standard is that 20% of the people who click an ad or marketing page make a purchase.
If you are not reaching 20% but are getting a fairly standard number of hits it may be that your ads are misleading or simply not good enough. Dissect the ads that generate greater sales to determine which strategies are the most effective.
Improving The Numbers
Even after you measure the effectiveness of your internet marketing you still have one major challenge. How can you improve it even further?
Marketing strategies become cold and stagnate over time. Developing new, more effective strategies is a constant challenge. Many companies have found great success by outsourcing their internet marketing.
Internet marketing companies have professionals whose sole job is to create new marketing strategies. This includes banner ads, social media, SEO articles, digital videos, and much more.
Robolizard’s strategy of internet marketing has shown a click-to-sale conversion rate of up to 37%.
Contact us today for more information.
International Country Specific Domain Name Analysis
Does the country specific domain name extension matter to people in parts of the world outside of the USA? The answer in every case is a resounding yes.
Why Does the Domain Extension Matter?
The .com domain extension was the first to come out and in the USA, so many domains were registered for .com’s in the USA that when the internet got big in the rest of the world; big businesses in places like Germany and the European nations had to register their businesses under their own country domain extensions.
- Specific country domain extensions can increase sales by over 100%
- People in those countries trust their own extension more than a .com extension
Google Adwords Ad Sitelink Extensions
Sitelinks are extra ad extensions you can have underneath your ad in Google searches. There is a science to setting them up well.
- Proper sitelinks can increase sales by over 20%
- Sitelinks give your business more ‘real estate’ space in a search
- Bigger ads inspire more trust & credibility with visitors
- Sitelink clicks usually cost less than main heading ad clicks
Sitelink Extensions For E-Commerce
Your sitelinks should help the visitor by narrowing the search. For example, a search for buying shoes should provide sub-categories for buying shoes
- Popular Men’s Shoes (link to the most popular shoes for men)
- Popular Women’s Shoes (link to the most popular shoes for men)
- Shoes On Sale (link to the shoes on sale)
- Shoes For Kids (link to the most popular shoes for men)
Sitelink Extensions For Service Based Businesses
Sitelinks for small businesses offering a service are different. The nature of the buying decision process comes into play here. People want to know who they are looking at (About Us), they want to know how it works (How It Works), they want to see results (See Results), they want to know other people liked it (Read Reviews).
- About Us
- How It Works
- See Results
- Read Reviews
I have tested this and been to a Google conference in October of 2012 that verified this strategy for sitelinks.
Other optional sitelinks to try are…
- Get a Quote
[message type=”success”]Google will only show 4 sitelinks at a time, but due to the enhanced campaigns that came out in March, 2013, you can now view individual sitelink statistics, so it is possible to test out a bunch of sitelinks and choose the winning combination, which I suggest you do.[/message]
Want to be a rock star for setting up Google adwords campaigns? Robolizard is the best advertising company in Arizona for PPC. Call us!
2013 Online Buying Decision Process
Hear About It
- Researching Related Things
Learn About It
- What is it
- What does it do
- What are the common questions, side effects & myths
- Thinks they should try it
- If other people did it
- If other people said it was good
- Then I’m trying it
Staying with people in this buying decision process throughout these few steps will keep you an industry leader in your field and maximize the amount of sales possible from online advertising.
Biggest Fear – Reviews
Why you should have reviews on the site
- The Main Reason: If people are going to complain, they are going to complain at the most convenient opportunity. On-site reviews gives these customers an outlet for complaining that you can control. Not having reviews on the site, forces disgruntled customers to seek 3rd party review sites in order to vent, which you usually cannot control.
- It’s Good For SEO: On-site reviews allows the customers to actually work for you! The reviews act as original content, which helps the page be more original and keyword rich for Google search results.
- It Builds Trust: Seeing that other people liked it or used it supports the buying decision
- End of The Buying Decision: By the time people get to reviews, they have already decided they want something, they’re just looking for a second opinion now.
Like astrology, since people only want to see what they are think themselves… people are only going to focus on the positive reviews that match the decision they have already made. 2 bad reviews out of 5 aren’t going to hurt.
Determine The Average Lifetime Value Of A Customer
Determining the average lifetime value of your customer is vital to your success as a business. This number tells you exactly how much you can spend in advertising and marketing to aquire each new customer.
What can be measured, can be improved.”
- What is the average sale?
- What is the gross profit margin for a new order?
- What is the average number of orders per customer?
- What is the average discount given to new customers (i.e. of the percent of people who bought something, what percentage are using a discount code and what is the average discount percent across all customers)?
- What is the average discount we give to current customers?
- What is the retention rate?
Average Lifetime Customer Value Tool
[message type=”success”]There is an outstanding tool from harvard university that can help you determine this number: Average Lifetime Customer Value Tool[/message]
Companion Search Marketing & Statistics
What is companion search marketing? It’s a new way of advertising display ads that get results similar to remarketing.
1. Visitor searches for ‘widgets’ in Google
2. Your display ads are shown on any site with adsense that appears in the search results following that search
3. That’s it 🙂
1. Create an ordinary display advertising campaign
2. Enter ‘review’ type keywords around or service or product & upload display ads
3. Save it & call your Google rep to have the campaign switched over
Results From A Live Account
Relevance, Clarity, and Accuracy
The new Google disapproval message.
Google is not disapproving pay-per-click ads if the ad text doesn’t clearly relate to the landing page.
So if the text of your PPC ad doesn’t appear on the landing page of your website then you risk getting the ad disapproved by the automatic system.
See the full post here…
How To Tell If An Adwords Product is Prohibited
If you are looking for general products, use this page
Healthcare Prohibited Google CPC Products
If you are looking to tell whether or not a healthcare product is prohibited, use this website’s legal product promotion search, it is a really good rule of thumb for determining whether you can advertise on the product in Google PPC advertising campaigns.
And here is the full legal policy area for advertising in Google