2013 Online Buying Decision Process
Hear About It
- Researching Related Things
Learn About It
- What is it
- What does it do
- What are the common questions, side effects & myths
- Thinks they should try it
- If other people did it
- If other people said it was good
- Then I’m trying it
Staying with people in this buying decision process throughout these few steps will keep you an industry leader in your field and maximize the amount of sales possible from online advertising.
Biggest Fear – Reviews
Why you should have reviews on the site
- The Main Reason: If people are going to complain, they are going to complain at the most convenient opportunity. On-site reviews gives these customers an outlet for complaining that you can control. Not having reviews on the site, forces disgruntled customers to seek 3rd party review sites in order to vent, which you usually cannot control.
- It’s Good For SEO: On-site reviews allows the customers to actually work for you! The reviews act as original content, which helps the page be more original and keyword rich for Google search results.
- It Builds Trust: Seeing that other people liked it or used it supports the buying decision
- End of The Buying Decision: By the time people get to reviews, they have already decided they want something, they’re just looking for a second opinion now.
Like astrology, since people only want to see what they are think themselves… people are only going to focus on the positive reviews that match the decision they have already made. 2 bad reviews out of 5 aren’t going to hurt.