Google Now Shows Your Indexed Pages
Using Google Webmaster Tools, you can now see how many pages of your site are actually indexed by Google search engines. This is helpful in determining the payout of SEO efforts and other reasons.
You can find it here:
And here is an example of a domain’s index status. As you can see, some major changes done to the SEO of the site affected the number of pages that were indexed in May of 2012 dramatically.
Does Changing The Domain On Google Places Page Cause Google Reviews To Disappear?
I had this question and it’s a big deal, because everyone knows how hard it is to get and maintain reviews. The Google review process has become so extremely picky that even good reviews are getting deleted by the Google system.
The short answer: Will changing the name of the domain affect your Google reviews? No, it will not.“
Only changing the physical address on the Google Places for business page will cause ALL your reviews to disappear or ‘reset’.
Check out this link for a complete list of reasons why Google reviews disappear.
What Causes Google Reviews To Disappear?
Below are some things that cause most Google places page for businesses to suddenly disappear.
- A URL in the review
- 2+ reviews from different accounts made from the same IP address (computer)
- 2+ reviews made from the same network IP address (Ex: two different computers in a building)
- Change of physical address will erase all your reviews (un-recoverable)
- Having the ‘privacy setting’ in Google set to ‘private’ instead of ‘public’
- Over-keyworded review (Ex: the keyword ‘new York car wash’ repeated over 3+ times)
- Frequency of incoming reviews (Ex: 3 reviews in the same day from the same location, even if it was 1 PC and two phones)
- Excessive exclamation marks
- If the same review text is found on another location or another large review site, it may be removed
The short answer: Just be legitimate.
How To Get An Australian Domain Name?
You need an Australian Business Number before you can get the domain name, because in order to register an Australian domain, you have to provide a valid (ABN) during registration. If you do not have this number, you will get denied.
Where To Get An Australian Domain Name?
If you already have a registered business and an Australian Business Name, you can register the domain here
Where to get an ABN?
What do you need to provide in order to get the ABN?
A Virtual (Physical) Business Address, your app may get disapproved if you do not have a physical address in Australia.
Get a virtual business address for about $70/mo real quick. Call +1-972 865 4600 or go here: Regus Virtual Business Addresses
All applicants will be asked for:
- Entity type – for example, individual/sole trader, company, super fund
- Previous Australian business number (ABN) (If you have one, if not, it’s okay)
- Name & birthdate of owner
- Tax agent number (TAN) – if you are using one (if not, this might be okay but they may ask for more information)
- Legal name of the entity
- Tax file number (TFN) – providing a TFN is not mandatory, but will help us identify who you are and speed up the application process
- All business locations – physical and postal addresses
- Authorised contact details
- Main business activity
- A legitimate business plan
One you have all that nice and neat, Apply For An ABN here.
How Long Does The ABN Take To Get Approved?
You pick the day you want to start operating. It can take from 1 day to 3 weeks as far as I have seen to get a response.
How Do I Find Out & See Who Owns A Domain Name
Want to know how to see who owns a domain name? It’s easy to find out, even if the owner has privacy on their domain. Follow this simple guide.
Every person in the world who owns a domain name has their name, address, phone and email address listed publicly on their domains contact information page, and by internet law through www.icann.org, this information MUST be public AND accurate.
It’s Called Doing a ‘whois’ Search
- General Free Domain Owner Lookup – http://who.godaddy.com – best whois search, simple & easy & free
- Paid Investigation Owner History Lookup – http://www.domaintools.com
What If Someone Has “Privacy” On Their Domain Name?
You look up the domain name and someone has something called Domains By Proxy or ‘privacy’ on all the contact information.
If all domain information has to be public, how can they do this? Domain registration websites like ‘Godaddy’ and ‘Network Solutions’ have created a system to help you keep your domain contact details private.
To put it VERY short: If a person enabled privacy on their domain name, they actually gave ownership of their domain name to the privacy protection company. Kinda like leasing a car.
…if there is ever a single second where that domain did not have privacy on it, it is now saved in ‘whois’ history databases and is publicly available to databases that provide this information.
- Sally got a domain for her porn website, then a week later decided she needed privacy, so she bought it a week after buying the domain.
- To the lamen, the domain looks like it has privacy on it on a normal ‘whois’ lookup.
- But that one week of non-privacy caused her domain to be listed in the history databases.
- And is now available to the public for a fee ot he companies that collected that data.
See The Domain Whois Overall History
From there you can see…
- Who all has ever owned the domain, even for a second.
- The related domains that match any bit of contact info from the first.
From there you can find someone’s name, address, phone, emails… and a lot of other stuff.
If you get that far, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.
How To Remove Yourself From Search Engines
Maybe you have a crazy ex, or some lunatic stalker, or have some other legit reason for needing to hide online.
Did you know that Google can and usually does record your history even in incognito mode?
And your location history is being tracked almost every 2 minutes by your phone company, apps on your phone, Google, car insurance apps… apps on your phone have your contact list and numbers you call, texts, can turn on your phone camera and microphone at any time remotely!
Everything you delete is not actually deleted, even if you knew how to delete the backup files stored deep in that phone, there are still micro backup files stored on the phone server and information even stored in the battery itself.
Here Is A List Of Sites You Need To Visit
That’s pretty scary… especially if you have something to hide. I personally don’t give a d*mn because I don’t care what people think of me, and I am just plain honest.
An ex girlfriend with a sever jealousy problem taught me almost everything I know, and an ex employee with a vengeance for being fired, taught me the rest.
- Unlisting From Newsletters
- The ULTIMATE Self Removal Website
- Removing Yourself From Sites That Hold Your Information
Google – The Big One
And see who is connecting to your accounts, which devices and apps and who you are sharing everything with. You might be amazed at what you see.
You account might be still attached to a phone you sold to someone else, or a laptop you gave to a friend. Ex girlfriends and boyfriends still attached to your photos and photos you didn’t even know were being uploaded to a server online the second you took them, and it might be public!
How To Find Out Who Owns A Company
My name is Thomas, I do internet research for a living, some of my tactics to discover information are better than a private investigator, and faster. Below are the free & easy ways for normal people to find out who owns a company and figure out if someone is legit. I am regularly disgusted with the amount of BS on the internet, and people giving each other bad advice every step of the way.
I hope this information helps you.
- To look up and see who owns a company: http://corporatedir.com/us/
- To look up their domain name ownership: http://www.who.godaddy.com (the owner is the ‘admin’ contact, make sure you own your own domain!)
- Type in their domain name into Google with the word ‘reviews’.
- Search http://www.Linkedin.com for their business name and name of the owner, when you find it.
- Search these two sites: http://www.spokeo.com and http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com (for $30 you can get a complete background history)
Trying to hide yourself for legit reasons? Like a stalker or psycho obsessed ex? This is the best service on the internet to get yourself removed from people searches: https://www.abine.com/deleteme/landing.php | Or read this article on How To Remove Yourself Online.
Words Of Advice In Trust & Relationships
If people are hiding, there is good reason, refer to my 3 rules of doubt below:
- “When in doubt, find out.”
- “When in doubt, don’t.”
- “When in doubt, there is no doubt.”
If a company or person feels the need to hide themselves by making their domain ‘private’, their name ‘private’ or not listing a phone number on their website, just don’t trust it. When there is doubt, there is no doubt, don’t! Check references, look people up, verify that sh*t. We will in a world of identity theft and online theft, I have had it happen TWICE. Back yourself up, it’s okay to verify someone is what they say they are.
Need Help Finding Someone? Busting A Cheater? Finding Out The Legitimacy Of A Company?
Contact me, email@example.com, keep it short and to the point, and I might be able to help for far less money than a private detective.
Youtube Banner Sizes & Dimensions
The images gotta be this big.. just do this size that way you are doing it right.
- 2560 X 1440 px
- Size Limit: 2MB
- Formats: .jpg, .png or .gif (.png usually gets a smaller size)
Sample Channel Art Size
Youtube Avatar Size
- 800 x 800 px (just do this size, and it will work/fit perfect every time)
Channel Art Graphic Templates
Looking for the best place on the net for graphic templates to help make your design time easier?
There is only one I can recommend, the rest are a waste of your time.
Want sizes for other social media websites?
SEO Software & Web Tools Ultimate List
This is the complete and best-to-my-knowledge SEO software & tools list I have put together all in one place. It’s all the tools I use to rank, track and analyze.
Favorite Tools & Sites
- Backlink Checker: http://www.majesticseo.com
- SEO Client Manager: http://www.seoprofiler.com/x/try-seoprofiler#p=extreme-seo-tool
- Graphic & Web Templates: http://www.themeforest.net
- Knowem Social name Checker – http://www.knowem.com
PPC & SEO Free Tools
- Online Bulk Text Case Converter – http://caseconverter.com/
- Google Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/
- SEO Meta Character Counter – http://www.onearmedseo.com/seo-tools/character-counter.php
- WhoIS Domain Search – http://www.domaintools.com/research/whois-history/
- Domain Availability Search – http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchbulk.aspx
- Domain Appraisals – http://www.valuate.com
- Google Keyword Tool – http://www.googlekeywordtool.com
- PPC Competitor Spying – http://www.keywordspy.com/?aid=askhowie
- Schema SEO Code – http://www.schema.org/
- Backlink Checker – http://www.majesticseo.com
- Backlink Checker – http://ahrefs.com/
- Customer Address Mapping Tool – http://batchgeo.com/
- WordPress SEO Plugin – http://www.yoast.com
- Build My Rank – http://www.buildmyrank.com
- Press Releases – http://www.prweb.com
- Captcha Solver – http://www.deathbycaptcha.com
- Duplicate Content Checker – http://www.dupecop.com
- Market Finder – http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/index.html?locale=en
- Website Language Translator – http://translate.google.com/translate_tools?hl=www.google.com
- Backlink Analyzer – http://www.ahrefs.com
- Linkback Analyzer – http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/
- Scraper Tool – http://www.seoquake.com/
- Finding News Topics – http://www.topsy.com
- Finding News Topics – http://www.google.com/trends
Website Ranking Analyzers
- http://www.woorank.com/ – Best SEO Analyzer (other than SEO profiler)
- http://getlisted.org/ -Popular Business Directory Checker
- http://howtogomo.com Awesome test for mobile functionality
- http://marketing.grader.com – Social Media Grader
Random Other Stuff
- Fiverr – People who do things for $5 – http://fiverr.com
- Recording Video/Screens Software – http://silverbackapp.com/
- Social Apps – http://northsocial.com/apps/deal-share/
How To Catch Blog Scams & Traffic Cheaters
Over the past decade I have seen a lot of scams, I had one client who made $4M a month and had signed up for so many blogging scams that I covered my whole first years contract fee ($80k) by finding them out through using Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
How Exactly Do These Bloggers Scam People?
The most common way is to publish a major blog, such as a blog about fitness & health, that is filled with cheap content done by India or some other cheap source. It looks legit because it has hundreds or thousands of pages in it filled with content relating to health and fitness and the blog owner has either told you or show you how much traffic they get as a means to ‘sell’ you on advertising with them.
Some of these blogs are legitimate and worthwhile but most do not pan out.
The idea for the blog is to make money through advertisers. So the blog goes to fitness professionals, gyms and other health related big brand names, hoping to get these companies and individuals to pay for Ad space in their blog.
What You Need To Request From These Bloggers Before Advertising With Them
- A live in-person showing of, or access to their Google Analytics account for a day (Screenshots can be faked)
- A live in-person showing of, or access to their Google Webmaster account for a day (Screenshots can be faked)
Realistic Blog Advertising Statistics
What can you expect from advertising in someone else’s blog? Below are some industry average numbers (rule of thumb)…
- Average Case = 1/1000 (Clicks/Impressions) – This means that for every ‘page view/session’ on the blog, you can expect 1 click
- Worst Case = 1/100 (Leads & Sales/Clicks) – This means that for every 100 clicks to your site, you can expect 1 sale or lead.
- Best Case = 5/100 (Leads & Sales/Clicks) – This means that for every 100 clicks to your site, you can expect 5 sales or leads.
Do the math, if someone tells you their blog gets 20,000 visitors a month, you can expect 20 clicks, at at best, 1 sale/lead.
Actual numbers depend on the type of blog, the industry, how educational the blog is and where the ad placement spots are. This is to give you a general idea, in case someone tries to sell you $500/month on Ad space for a blog that gets 2500 visitors per month.
Real Blog Scam Case Study
The inspiration for this article came from a client of mine who had someone sell him Ad space on a new (1.5month old) financial blog, boasting 2600 visitors a month and over 900 pages indexed by Google in that time. My client is two months into this already, so $1000 has been spent on advertising in the blog for 16 total clicks to my clients website. The numbers seemed too far above average to be true at all. I love busting cheaters, so it got my feathers completely ruffled. I dug deeper.
- I ran a keyword report and found the blog ranked for 9 keywords, which is nothing for 900+ pages
- Over 90% of the site Google wasn’t even listing/indexing
- He claimed 2600 visitors per month and Google analytics said 2600 visitors but Google Webmaster tools showed no search queries (means Google is telling us that his website is not getting any traffic from the Google search engine)
That’s odd. If he got 2600 visitors per month but none of it was from Google, where is it coming from? I checked Google analytics and it showed that 91% of the traffic was coming from an unknown source and going straight to the homepage, which I knew from experience meant he was buying traffic directly to his homepage in order to make it look like he was actually getting traffic, in order to be dishonest to get my client as a paid advertiser.
If he was even remotely intelligent about it, he would have not used ‘www.fiverr.com’ to get the traffic and instead used a premium fake traffic generation company that sends traffic to all the pages in the website to make it look legit with real IP addresses instead of an ‘unknown source’. Fool!
Even if this scammer had been generating intelligent fake traffic and fooled some professional company marketing managers or business owners…. you can always double check by making them show you the Google Webmaster Tools account, and looking at the ‘search queries’ & ‘indexed pages’ sections.
What His Webmaster & Analytics Traffic Looks Like
Below are some screenshots of what real traffic looks like and what his fake traffic looks like so you get an idea. I don’t have more time to make it fancier on the page, but you get the idea. I don’t want you to get cheated, and neither do you.
Spotting a Fake Traffic Buyer
One of the easiest ways to spot a fake traffic buyer is to look at the homepage traffic. Natural homepage traffic is usually about 35% of the total traffic to a website, here 91% of the blog scammers traffic is to the homepage, which indicates a cheap paid robot program for like $5.00 for a two week ’80 visitors a day’ service.
Intelligent programs will deliver traffic that looks real, but that can be discovered by looking again and Google Webmaster Tools to verify real rankings.
How To Build, Maintain & Repair Your Reputation
I was recently called to help repair the online reputation of an actor who was honestly being misjudged for a misdemeanor and people were beating her spirit down over it; gossip, pictures and press were about to destroy her reputation and her own personal happiness.
It inspired me to write a little about how to use good reputation maintenance practices.
- A professional photography session depicting you in the environments and settings that you need to achieve your goal of worldwide perception.
- 300 social profile websites built with 10 variants of pictures, short descriptions and long descriptions of how you want the world to perceive you.
- A personal website, usually www.yourname.com, built that highlights you, your hobbies, achievements & awards
- Your interests, awards, partners, personal statement, dreams, accomplishments and goals. This website will be optimized for SEO for your own name.
WHY THIS WORKS
These social sites and personal site act as a shield against negative press and gossip columns revolving around your name or business name. The layer of good news and image protection these sites can offer in a google search for your name can be so thick that bad press may be so far back in the Google search that no one ever sees it.
Regular maintenance of your reputation will involve following all press associated with your name and re-writing, re-posting & better optimizing the bad news in order to psychologically reset the wording so that it spins that bad news into a better light.
“We keep up with the news & write better news that outranks the bad news, by doing this we ‘maintain positive reputation’.”
You Did Something Dumb, And Now Everyone Knows It
You did something really stupid, or at least the vast majority thinks you have done something stupid. It no longer matters whether or not how true it was, once the public knows about it, it might as well have happened. Being upset about the gossip and rumors surrounding the truth, or being upset about everyone knowing the truth, no longer matters and does you no good to dwell on it. It is now your job to manage what people know.
Do Not Change The Story, Admit To It
Everyone already believes who did it, no matter how false it was, once people have made up their mind on a judgement, they will not go back on it without hard, public, in-the-face proof. Own up to it. You messed up. You did something stupid and now that you are done being mad at yourself or blaming everyone else for it, it’s now YOUR JOB to fix it.
Let’s say you were caught doing 90 on the highway at night whilst snorting blow and you got caught with a baggie of it. This is innocent fun, it’s innocent because you didn’t realize the consequences until you are making that collect call at 4pm the next day after spending the night on the concrete jail floor and getting sentenced by a cold heartless judge at 11am. You misjudged the consequences, heck everyone is guilty of this, hopefully no one got hurt.
Now Everyone Knows What You Did
Everyone knows, because that collect call started it, or your friends, bystanders or cops leaked it to the press. How do you fix this?
- A. Everyone knows what you did so stop acting like you can somehow change the story by making something up, it makes you look even more stupid to the people who have placed blame and judgement already.
- B. Own it if it’s true. Admit to it, even tell the rest of the story if no one knows about the rest yet, it will make you seem super honest when new news comes out and you’ve already admitted to it. When people believe you know what you did and can admit to it, their view of the situation being innocent and accidental increases dramatically, the gossip and news surrounding it diminishes because spreading bad news is way more entertaining than spreading good news, leave them with only good news to tell and remember.
- C. Stop thinking people are against you, everyone wants to see bad turn into good, if you take steps to show people you are changing the behavior, it acts as a gossip squasher. It is not enough to ‘just change’, you must SHOW people you are changing, talk about it, post it, live it (a little).
Example: You got busted on the highway doing drugs at night while speeding. Everyone knows it. Your parents or family now think you are a drug addict, they think you are out of control and going to end up dead, their built-in human behavior trait of protection has been turned on and they start to worry, calling you to ask if you are OK, it gets annoying. Some will do counter-help, doing the dumbest things to help you, not knowing they are making it worse. There will be many people who use your behavior as an opportunity to gossip amongst each other to compensate for their own boring lives.
Ignore The Naysayers
People who spread gossip and bad news despite a turn of events are not worth your time. They were not your friends or followers to begin with and will be lucky to have friends for themselves later on. Be glad this event has turned them over so you know who they are.
- 30% of people will never change their minds once their mind is made up, despite proof, ignore them
- 70% of people will believe you, forgive you and have their opinion swayed by new information.
You only need to convince 70% of the population involved that you are back on track. It would help if you truly are getting back on track, but if not, use reputation repair tactics to cover your activities until you can correct them.
I hope my series of articles has helped someone in some way. If you need online reputation management help, for correcting a mistake you made, removing negative news or just need general reputation maintenance, ask me or call 480-532-6404 and I will help you.